Sunday, October 14, 2012

Naseeb

Dear Mom,

There is this boy... lol. As you know, and as I always have since I started noticing boys, I am looking for my husband. Though my criteria has changed over the years, alot,  thank God. Even in the past few years that you have been away from my life, I have learned a great deal of what exactly it is I am looking for. And as you would think, as I did in the past, my criteria was height, looks, money and charm. Definitely not these things any more! And I thank the Lord for that, for showing me that these qualities don't make good husbands! But, what I am looking for is someone who obeys his Lord... entirely, and puts God first more than ANYTHING else in this world. A good Muslim, who is striving to reach Jannah. Also someone with good character, someone who is kind to others and treats his friends and family with utmost respect and honor. I'm looking for someone with a beard, as I believe that is a commandment from God, because the Prophet (peace be upon him) said "Trim closely the moustache, and grow the beard" (Bukhari & Muslim). A famous Islamic speaker (Yusef Estes) said that men aren't the ones who grow their beards, it is God that grows their beards, they are the ones who remove them. Just as everyday men shave their faces, only to find it grow back the very next day, and some can't grow any (due to Allah's will). Scholars say removing men's facial hair is imitating the women, because it is what sets them apart from us. So I believe it is obligatory on a man, and I have turned down people before over this issue alone, as it is an indicator for me that we may have different understanding of Islam, and that is a big deal to me.

So back to the boy, lol. You know when telling stories I have always gotten ahead of myself and love to tell 20 different things at once lol. I don't really know him, at all in fact. I don't even know his name. But the very first time I saw him was actually at a Yusef Estes event (the guy I mentioned above, haha, I didn't even do that on purpose). He was volunteering at this event, which caught my eye, because he is from the arab gulf region, called a khaleeji, meaning he's from a country such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar etc. I really hope he's saudi, because I love saudi and want to live there, don't get scared mama, I'll post about this another time! But the problem is with these types of guys it is extremely hard to find a practicing good one (amongst other minor details lol). So anyways, he was volunteering there, which is like omg wow so rare! Plus he had a beard, which can also be challenging to find a young single guy with a beard these days. Then came Ramadan, and I'd see him praying taraweeh and also he came for tahajuud, I saw him every night (wasn't trying to look, but I'd see him often lol) So yea, many brownie points for this guy. And time has passed and I've seen him around at the mosque, I asked a few people, but nobody seems to really know him. It's hard because we don't mix genders. That's pretty much it, I don't want to push it too much because I believe if it is meant to be it will happen by the will of God.

I have faith and I believe in naseeb (destiny) and that God has already written my spouse for me. And nothing I do or don't do, can cause me to not be with the one who was created for me, just as nothing I do or don't do can cause me to be with anyone else but him. I ask God to bring me and all my single sisters in Islam righteous spouses and offspring whom can be the joy of our eyes, and makes us leaders amongst the righteous (25:74) And the ones who are already married, may Allah protect their unions and make them and their offspring righteous and the best of servants to Him. Ameen ya rab.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment